Sunday, November 3, 2013

Friday, October 25th

Damn water down to 54.7 and air is 39. Met Danny and Kevin for a swim at 6am at the Cape marina. Danny kayaked and Kevin swam w wetsuit. It was very tough getting going. Face freeze and headache at back of neck. But after about 200 yards I felt fine. Arms and legs ok. Feet cold. Hands stiff. Core fine. Only swam about 45 mins. Afterwards had to dress for work in the parking lot. My feet were frozen and I couldn't feel anything. Got a couple scrapes because I couldn't feel. After dressing I got in the car and shivered uncontrollably. Kevin had some coffee which was great but I was spilling bc shaking so bad. Against my better judgment I turned on the heat. Text Alison, my support crew, to tell her water is now 54. She replied don't turn on the heat. Ha. How did she know? I turned it to very low :)

No comments:

Post a Comment