Sunday, November 3, 2013

Qualifier Attempt, Saturday October 26th.

Hastily lined up a boat and several volunteers to assist me and Alison on my 6hr qualifier. Hoping water warmed up a bit because air tempt is a little better. Scheduled to start at 11am to give sun time to warm things up.
Arrived at Addie's house, our home base, and began prep of feed and dry clothes, etc. Annette and Danny brought the boat around from Matt's house. Alison and Annette conferred about the temperature. It was  still 54. The crew took the boat around to some protected coves to search for warm water. When they got back they reported temps were 54-65. 57 at most. We decided to cancel the swim because chances of my success at that temp were not good. Consensus is I don't need to be prepared for 54. I was very disappointed but Annette was concerned about safety. In my head I agreed. Dan and I went for a short swim. Maybe 30 mins. Could've gone longer but my heart wasn't in it after canceling the swim.
Had a great team of volunteers lined up to help. Can't tell you how heartening it is that folks just jump on board to help in a moments notice. ABC rocks!
May have to look to the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment