Sunday, November 3, 2013

Qualifier Wrap Up - Sunday, Nov 3rd

Woke sore but otherwise fine.
A few things I want to remember from the swim:
1. My core felt fine the whole time. Never was uncomfortably cold although I shivered a little on some feeds while still. Extremities seemed fine.
2. I've been trying to switch to liquid only feed for speed. But thank god Alison  brought peanut butter sandwiches and bananas. They were a godsend.
3. First round of feed did not dissolve well in the bottle.  Need to see what that was about. Chunks of powder not yummy. Mix is carbo pro and whey protein powder.
4.  Cold seemed to make me tighten up sooner and caused me to slow my pace and struggle some. I usually do fine in chop but when water got a little rougher I felt a little underpowered.
5. Recovery was fine.
6. Dragging my legs is a problem. I know kicking is not a big part of marathon swims but I need to find a way to keep legs stretched and engaged. My hip flexors, especially left one were killing me.
7. Spirits were good throughout. Even when I was a little discouraged when we needed to do an extra diversion to finish the 6hrs off I knew I would make it.
8. forearms hurt today. Right bicep was hurting too for some reason.
9. Need to research best method for feeding off larger boat. Bottles tied to line or feed pole?
10. I think signal cards for feed stops are good idea. I have trouble seeing bottle waving sometimes.
11. Need to keep working on my damn straight arm recovery. Left arm is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment